2017 GASC European Conference
As current Chairman for the Global Association of SOL Communities (GASC), I´m very proud to share with you the program for the 2017 GASC European Conference.
The empowered society: Transforming cities, citizens and organizations for resilience and prosperity.
Participation is free, registration is compulsory: https://www.weezevent.com/2017-gasc-european-conference .
- May 25: Porto, Sala de Atos do Politécnico do Porto, Rua Dr. Roberto Frias, 712.
- May 26: Braga, Campo da Vinha, Praça Conde do Agrolongo 123, (www.gnration.pt).
- May 27: Porto, Politécnico do Porto, Praça do Marquês, 94.
- May 25: 9:30 am to 6:00 pm.
- May 26: 9:30 am to 6:00 pm
- May 27: 9:30 am to 1:00 pm.
Developing effective collaboration, activating people, connecting people, inspiring change makers, women gaining equity, collaborative innovation, collaboration instruments/methodologies, collaborative citizens, emotional intelligence, context for a collaboration to emerge, sense of pride, leaving no one behind, leaving a legacy, touch the soul, inspiring collaboration by examples, dreams and visions.
What conversations shall we have in Portugal to move beyond “desenrascar”? What would it take for Portugal to lead the way in Europe? What would it take to improve business collaboration? What would it take for Portugal to lead the way again in the world? What would it look like if Portugal were to become a world leader in collaboration? What would it look like for women to launch their own business? What would it look like Portugal XXI century sailors and for what “descobrimentos”? What would it look like for people in Portugal to adopt a positive mindset about risk and entrepreneurship? What would it look like for Portugal to be a place where bright young people can make their way in the world and feel both challenged and fulfilled while improving the employment situation? What this country strategic direction should look like for collaboration to become a competitive trend? What would it take to raise women’s self-esteem and changing social expectations?
The conference is organized around eight drivers grouped into three clusters:
- Smart citizenship: enabling change in each citizen.
- The aware citizen: shifting our relationship from ego to eco.
- Happy healthy cities: core competences and supporting players.
- Smart cities: for residents and/or users?
- Developing organizational behavior towards social progres.
- Enabling people and organizations for change: Providing instruments and tools for a successful set of processes.
- From ideas to projects, from projects to businesses.
- Economy and success, leaving no-one behind.
SOL communities facilitators
- Annika Bergenheim, Sweden.
- Camila Amaya Castro, France.
- Paulo Ferreira do Amaral, Portugal.
- Sofia Rodrigues, Portugal.
- Martijn Meima, The Netherlands.
- Natalia Blagoeva, Bulgaria- Switzerland.
- Alexandre de Azevedo Campos, Portugal.
- Ken Homer, US.
- Marion Chapsal, France.
- Konstantin Yordanov, Bulgaria.
- Esther Liska, Portugal.
- Simeon Ries, Germany.
- Heidi Sparkes-Guber, US.
- Antonio Linares-Güemes, Spain.
- Ágota Eva Ruzsa, Hungary.
|1. Sharing understanding conversation (plenary).||Generating inclusion, setting the individual intention for the conference, expected outputs and outcomes.|
|2. Exploring opportunities conversation (plenary and parallel combined).||Letting go…of what doesn’t serve us anymore to make room for what inspires us.
Activities/habits we should stop doing.
|Co-creation process, new ideas, new ways, new opportunities, new possibilities.|
|Good initiatives in the region and elsewhere.|
|3. Converging conversation (plenary and parallel combined).||Letting come, connecting the drivers into a systemic framework, passion to move ahead.|
|4. Action conversation (plenary and parallel combined).||What can I integrate in my life, what methodologies can help me, what are my commitments to move forward, what is my new intention to move forward.|
|5. Learning conversation (plenary, morning of 27).||Learning conversation with participants and SOL communities’ members. Also conference debriefing.|
GASC is a not-for-profit, global membership society, whose members are SoL communities, dedicated to the SoL principles and the SoL brand. The purpose of Society for Organizational Learning (SOL) is to discover, integrate and implement theories and practices for the interdependent development of people and their institutions.